It is with much regret we will no longer be taking orders for our current range of camper trailers for the time being.
This has come about due to not being able to agree to terms on a supply agreement with our current supplier.
We hold much pride in our reputation for product and customer service throughout the industry but with our supplier unwilling to give the guarantees we require we feel this is the best course of action for us to take to protect both our reputation and the ongoing quality of our product we supply our customers.
The business will still be operating and we are currently looking at other avenues of supply as well as manufacturing in Australia.
Please direct questions, concerns or warranty claims to our Emu Plains head office.
Please do not be concerned, we assure you we are not insolvent or closing the business and we intend to honour our warranty obligations under Australian consumer law.
CAMPER TRAILER TENTS
Heavy Duty Canvas
Our legendary soft floor camper trailer tents will be one of the fastest and easiest tents you will ever set up.
Our legendary soft floor camper trailer tents will be one of the fastest and easiest tents you will ever set up. They are also among the most comprehensively engineered and feature-packed camper trailer tent on today’s Australian market.
Our camper trailer tents are designed to keep you in comfort on the inside, and the weather, bugs and insects on the outside where they belong.
We have two camper trailer tent styles, a 9ft and 12ft version. Our soft floor camper trailers come standard with a 9ft tent with the option to upgrade to a 12ft tent. Our soft floor camper trailer tents can however also be purchased on their own to replace an ageing or troublesome tent on your camper trailer. Our camper trailer tents are designed for a 7′ x 4′ camper trailer with a tent drop of either 1090mm or 1150mm.
The weight of the tent is approximately 240kg and the drop should be calculated with this in mind.
WHY CHOOSE SKAMPER KAMPERS TENTS
- We do not use cheap and light ripstop canvas for our camper trailer tents, but heavier 440gsm (15oz) plain canvas which has a 65% poly and 35% cotton ratio as Australian canvas.
- Our 44gsm (15oz) plain dark coloured canvas has almost a total block out. The exceptions are lighter colours which do not offer full block out.
- Our camper trailer tents are all manufactured under Australian quality control management.
- Our steel bed frame is heavy duty, fully constructed with 50mm x 25mm x 3mm steel.
- All poles are galvanised and the main frames are 25mm in diameter. (Some manufacturers only use 21mm)
- Our roof seams are all sewn with core spun thread imported from Germany, where most other manufacturers use a lightweight Chinese thread.
- All our camper trailer tents have a good quality mattress and cover as standard.
- All bed ladders are made from lightweight aluminium, not heavy steel ladders that can fall and cause injury.
- All tents have heavy duty D rings at the peg down points.
- 600gsm PVC is used in the main tent section and for the travel cover. Most others use 450gsm to 500gsm.
- The bottom section of the travel cover is already fitted into sail track.
- All camper trailer tents have an extra rear door in the main tent section.
- All camper trailer tents have airflow/access flaps as standard.
- The KWIK camper trailer tent is one of the fastest tents to erect available.
- All camper trailer tents have heavy duty SBS zips.
- All camper trailer tents have internal window flaps as standard, except the zip out main tent end window.
- We do not use any black paint on our bed boards as they may contain lead. The underside of our bed boards are sealed with a clear varnish.
- We provide 12 months warranty on our tents, except for zips and insect screens, or damage caused by misuse, improper storage, incorrect cleaning, or failure to weather (season) the tent.
9ft CAMPER TRAILER TENT
The 9ft camper trailer tent is a great choice for 2 to 4 people and is easy to setup with the gas-assisted struts. Walls are straight to maximize the internal space. Height is maximised for cooling and an air of spaciousness.
The 9ft camper trailer tent is designed with ease and speed of set up in mind. Poles being kept to a minimum, together with gas struts makes the setup much quicker.
12ft CAMPER TRAILER TENT
The 12ft camper trailer tent also benefits from gas struts to assist with the setup of the tent. The annexe has a divider which may be fitted to make another room.
HIGH QUALITY INCLUSIONS
All Skamper Kampers Camping Tents are complete with;
- Annexe – including walls and floor (walls are in 3 sections)
- Tropical roof – this can stay attached when packing up
- Mattress – high density foam with cover
- 15oz Poly / cotton Australian style canvas
- Kids room (optional)
- Gas Assist Poles for Quick Setup
- Internal Window Flaps
- Tropical Roof
- Optional Kids’ Room
- 15 Ounce Heavy Duty Canvas
- Heavy Duty Zippers
- Foam Mattress
- Heavy Duty Bed Frame
- Galvanised 25mm Heavy Duty Poles
- Light Weight Aluminium Ladder
- 600gsm Heavy Duty PVC Floor
- Weatherproof Travel Cover Fitted with Sail Track
- Extra Rear Door in Main Tent
- Seams Sewn with High-Quality German Core Spun Thread
- Heavy Duty D Rings
- Under Mattress Access to Trailer
- Zip and Velcro Awnings and Walls
- Three Piece Front Annex and Walls
- Super Fine Window and Door Mesh
- 150mm PVC Edge Around Mattress
- Tailgate/Kitchen Skirt
- Weather Strips Front and Rear Doors
- Fully Detachable Annex Walls and Floors
- Power Cord Inlet
- Includes All Ropes, Pegs and Spreader Bars
- Convenient Storage Pockets
- Pole Bag
- Rope and Peg Bag
- Air Flow Access Flaps
- Manufactured Under Australian Quality Control Management
- 12 Months Warranty (excludes misuse, zippers, flyscreens and velcro)
Q: I only want a camper trailer tent
A: We do sell tents on their own to replace an ageing or troublesome tent. We sell 9ft and 12ft tents. They are designed for a 7′ x 4′ camper trailer one with 1090mm and the other with 1150mm tent drop.
Q: What should I do if I pack the tent up when wet?
A: This can happen at times, when returning home it is strongly recommended to set tent up again to dry, if left wet/damp, this can cause mould or mildew.
Q: What can I do if mould does appear?
A: A light spray with 50/50 mix of white vinegar and water, then a light brush off with a soft brush.
Q: What is the kid’s room?
A: The kid’s room is an optional extra for soft floor campers and comes in both 9′ & 12′. This is often used as a change room or washroom and sometimes with a porta potty.
Q: Why do your camper trailer tents have 15oz canvas? Do I need it that heavy?
A: We at Skamper Kampers believe that your purchase of a camper trailer is an investment for the happiness of your family holidays for many, many years to come. We use 15oz solid canvas as it has been used in many professional applications for so many years, for example, the Australian Army tents. the harsh Australian conditions mean you need a quality product that will not go brittle in the sun, you will not get sunburnt through the canvas and you only need to season your canvas to get it waterproof, unlike other canvases requiring a chemical treatment.